Sunday, October 22, 2006

Artbook Bonanza Power Hour

One of the biggest benefits of being a gamer in Japan, is the ready access to high quality art books. Unlike in America, where one has to hope that the preorder bonus for an anticipated game has an artbook included, Japanese book stores sell video game artbooks in the same section as video game strategy guides, and for a pretty reasonable price.

For those who wanted better quality photos of the Okami art book I posted some time ago, I have included extra photos.

Here are a few sample photos of the ones I've picked up recently:

Sengoku Basara 2





Baten Kaitos





Biohazard Ad Arts Collection





Capcom Design Works





Okami





Kazuma Kaneko Collection: Shin Megami Tensei 2





For those curious, the entire collection of photos was taken with my Casio W41CA cell phone, at 1600x1200, and then resized to fit the blog.

Not pictured are a few artbooks I left in the US, including: Xenosaga Episode 1, Biohazard Archives, and Soul Calibur 2. I intend to pick up the Tales of the Abyss artbook some time this weekend, but whether or not that actually happens remains to be seen.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nayan,
be assured of my eternal envy concerning that fine collection. :) Artbooks are always nice, but this humble country is a wasteland in this concern. Keep up the good work!

Greetings from Bonn,

Christian

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nayan,

Those artbooks are seemed to be so artistic and graphical, aren't they? Actually they're great, but I wanna apologize to you for my lack of understanding. I can only classify each of paintings into two types "Dragonquest-like" or "Final Fantasy-like" ( ̄ε ̄;).

naoi

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like an odd request, but could you post the picture of Tobi? Y'know, the little demonic slip from Oni Island? I've been hunting for it (and the artbook) but have so far been unsuccesful.

Refering to Okami by the way.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm rather jealous. I wish I could find BKI, BKII and the BOFV artbook, but that's nigh impossible...

8:51 AM  
Blogger Nayan said...

"This sounds like an odd request, but could you post the picture of Tobi? Y'know, the little demonic slip from Oni Island?"

Uh hmm...I forget who Tobi is. It's been about 5 months since I played through Okami. Can you give me a description?

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Tobi (Or since you played Japanese, Hayatobimaru) is the demon slip from Oni Island, where you fight Nine-tails. He's the dude you have to race.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home